Estonian Film Foundation (EFF) was established in 1997 by the Government of Estonia as a private legal institution with the task of
EFF is financed from the state budget. The EFF budget for 2011 is € 3,43 million to be used for financing the national film production, including features, shorts, animation, and documentaries.
- financing Estonian film production
- establishing and developing international film contacts
- promoting Estonian films at home and abroad
- supporting the training of Estonian filmmakers and audiovisual professionals
- creating and maintaining Estonian film databases.
Estonian Film Foundation represents Estonia at international film festivals, markets and organisations. Estonia is a member of MEDIA Plus, European Audiovisual Observatory and Eurimages.
EFF operates under the auspices of the Estonian Ministry of Culture.